Legal Assistant Corporate. Toronto
This major law firm is currently seeking an experienced Legal Assistant to work in our Toronto Office. This position will appeal to candidates who thrive in a high performance culture, supporting the fast-paced, established practice of a busy partner and an associate in the Business Law Group. The primary responsibilities of the position are outlined below:
- Revising, formatting and editing lengthy, complex corporate agreements, prospectuses and documents.
- Acting as a liaison between partners and various internal and external clients at all levels.
- Managing and coordinating lawyers' schedules including coordinating client meetings, conference calls and travel arrangements.
- Preparing materials for client presentations and pitches.
- Managing spreadsheets for client budgets.
- Drafting and revising correspondence.
- Maintaining a file management system in both paper and electronic media.
- Managing billing and accounting arrangements, including preparing client accounts and invoices.
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and InterAction.
- Minimum of 3 years of legal experience, preferably in a large to medium sized law firm, working in a team environment.
- College Diploma from a Legal Assistant program.
- A high level of professionalism with excellent client service.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work autonomously, take initiative and possess sound judgment in decision making.
- Able to work in an environment where discretion and confidentiality are essential.
- Detail oriented, demonstrating outstanding execution and follow-up skills.
- Solution focused and adaptable in order to achieve required results and complete tasks promptly.
- Possess a confident, proactive approach to work and thrive on working within a challenging legal environment while remaining calm under pressure.
Trade-Mark Assistant, Toronto
This prestigious law firm is currently seeking a Trade-Mark Assistant to work in the Intellectual Property Agency Group in the Toronto Office. The position reports to the Assistant Manager, Legal Support, and would appeal to a candidate who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment as part of a dynamic team. The primary responsibilities of the position are outlined below:
- Responsible for all aspects in the administration of new client files and general file maintenance
- Billing responsibility on trade-mark matters, including cost estimates and fee breakdowns
- Manages the flow of incoming and outgoing Trade-Mark correspondence
- Manages due date lists
- Administrative support in preparing and filing new Trade-Mark applications
- Initial drafting of response to office actions and filing with CIPO, upon Agent's review
- Other duties upon request
Skills and Experience Required
- College Diploma from a Legal Assistant program
- Strong administrative experience
- Minimum of 3 years Trade-Mark experience
- Strong technical skills with working knowledge of MS Office 2010
- Strong attention to detail with solid proof-reading skills
- Flexibility, patience and the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines and manage a high volume desk
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative when appropriate
- Positive outlook and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset
Legal Assistant- Employment Law, Toronto
This prestigious law firm is currently seeking a Legal Assistant to work in the Toronto office in the Employment and Labour Group. The primary responsibilities of the position are outlined below:
- Preparing, compiling, serving and filing Ontario Labour Relations Board and Ontario Human Rights Tribunal documents in accordance with the OLRB and the HRTO Rules of Procedure and practice directions.
- Preparing, compiling, serving and filing court documents in accordance with the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure, Federal Courts Rules and practice directions.
- Maintaining lawyer's calendar and bring forward system.
- Dicta transcription.
- Preparation of expense reports, docket entries, accounts and other administrative duties.
- Scheduling meetings and conference calls.
- Attending to making travel arrangements.
- Dealing with client inquiries by telephone.
Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure while managing multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of the following legislations: Federal and Provincial Employment Standards, Labour Relations, Human Rights, Workers' Compensation and Civil Procedure.
- Experience with styles and document formatting.
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to take initiative when appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients.
- Positive approach and the ability to work well in a team environment.
Reporting to Director, National Underwriting Policy and Department Head
(Full Time) Toronto, Downtown
This leading insurance company is looking for a dynamic and resourceful sales manager used to leading a team with a background in the insurance or banking industry.
• Sales visits, including monitoring of staff performance and management of relationships with key accounts;
• Developing and implementing strategic sales plans and concepts;
• Managing a team of four sales staff;
• Sales goal setting, results review and reporting;
• Providing support for marketing and product development, including working with the Claims Prevention & Stakeholder Relations Department;
• Deploying sales staff to sales targets and marketing events.
The ideal candidate should:
• Have a university degree in marketing, sales, business studies or a related area;
• Have sales management experience, including sales campaigns and managing salespeople;
• Have knowledge of the banking and or the insurance industry;
• Have knowledge of business and financial principles and excellent computer skills;
• Have excellent leadership, team-building and presentation skills;
• Be self-directed, well organized and able to juggle competing priorities and deadlines;
• Be willing to travel approximately twice a month, and attend evening or weekend events as required.
Legal Research Assistant
Toronto Union Statio,n Full-Time Permanent, Salary: $60-70,000
This prestigious international law firm based in downtown Toronto has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Research Assistant, Law Clerk or Paralegal providing significant support to lawyers. You will do research and groundwork in setting up trial cases and legal meetings, including pulling documents, talking with clients, submitting paperwork and analyzing legal research.
You will read through legal paperwork to verify that the information is correct and to determine if additional steps are required. For example, you will use your research experience,, summarize it and make copies of the information for lawyers to use at a later date. Besides helping lawyers, you may be required to maintain records, write-up contracts and guide individuals through different processes. Through your work experience, you have excellent attention to detail, are confident and have good people skills, You are calm under pressure and have excellent experience as a Law Clerk or Paralegal supporting Lawyers at a senior professional level with highly honed skills in research
Program Coordinator (Bilingual): Reporting to Manager, Customer Service & Underwriting (Permanent Full-time)
$ 40,000 plus full benefits and 4 weeks vacation
( Job Location: Dundas subway close to the Eaton Center )
This large Liability insurance firm offers an exciting opportunity
This firm is a Toronto-based, professional liability insurer with a mandate to provide quality insurance services to our clients. As part of achieving our mandate, we are currently recruiting for a Program Coordinator (Bilingual) French speaking must be fluent.
The role of the Program Coordinator (Bilingual) is to provide written and verbal information on the insurance program to the members of the legal profession, and to be the main point of contact for inquiries in French. The information the Program Coordinator provides includes: information concerning insurance coverages for the lawyers, account information on premiums, and information on additional programs such as risk management. The successful candidate will be a high calibre individual who will receive intensive training about the program and the Company before answering any calls from the public.
The ideal candidate should:
? Be bilingual, fluent in French;
? Have a college or university degree;
? Have customer service experience;
? Have strong written and verbal communication skills;
? Have experience in Microsoft Word and Excel;
? Have experience working in a team environment and in stressful situations;
? Have strong organizational skills and be used to working in volume situations;
? Have a proactive approach to work; and
? Have law, underwriting, or claims related experience, preferred.
We also welcome paralegals to apply.
Human Resources Office Coordinator $48,000-52,000 Downtown Ottawa
HOLLAND GROUP INC – Ottawa, ON
CANADAS LEADING LEGAL SEARCH GROUP
One of Canada's leading business law firms. They deliver the legal expertise and guidance that our clients need to advance their business and take the lead. They pride themselves on their dynamic, positive and team-oriented culture. They offer an environment that nurtures mentoring, inspires enthusiasm and motivates employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving firm goals.
Summary of Position: This position is responsible supervising a team for coordinating the day to day administrative operations of the Ottawa office, with a primary focus on human resources and office services functions. Reporting to the National Director, Human Resources, this is an excellent opportunity for a motivated self-starter who is looking build their career in a reputable professional services law firm.
Assist with the administration of various HR functions in the Ottawa office including recruitment, compensation, performance management, information/file management and employee relations
Provide mentoring and guidance to support staff as required
Co-ordinate various employee programs in collaboration with national HR team
Plan and execute social events and charitable activities in the Ottawa office
Oversee legal support/secretarial resources for Ottawa office including share group teams and effective resource management, ensuring the appropriate level of support is provided to lawyers and clients.
Approval of staff vacation, lieu time and overtime
Maintain staff headcount/FTE statistics and conduct payroll audits for Ottawa support staff payroll
Assist national HR team with a variety of HR initiatives and projects and provide overflow support when required
Coordinate the health and safety function within the office, including office security and evacuation procedures and chairing health and safety committee meetings in the Ottawa office
Act as an Ottawa office representative on the National Business Continuity team
Oversee the office services function including reception, boardroom services, business support services and day-to-day facilities matters
Review and approve weekly and monthly invoices
Coordinate the maintenance and repair of office facilities and plan and execute office moves and workstation/office assignments for the Ottawa office
Develop and maintain vendor relationships Liaise with Building Property Management as required
Certificate or degree in human resource management strongly preferred Experience working in a professional office environment in an administrative role Experience supervising teams required
Strong organizational, communication and administrative skills
Ability to develop and motivate people in order to foster a positive work environment
Effective problem solving/conflict resolution skills
Attention to detail, ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
E-Billing CoOrdinator - Toronto downtown
$58-60,000 plus bonus and benefits
Permanent Full Time
Prestigious National Corporation
Must have at lease 2 years E-billing experience and have used Serengetti and Tymetrix
Summary of Position: We are currently recruiting for an experienced Billing Clerk who has experience in e-billing (Serengeti, TymeMetrix, etc.) You must show e-billing experience to join our very busy billing team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
· Work closely with Legal Professionals to manage the billing process from beginning to end
· Create, edit and finalize accounts following based on lawyer instruction and on client specifications
· Act as a subject matter expert in e-billing software
· Provide training/mentoring to other team members regarding e-billing software
· Process electronic invoices and work with external billing providers and external clients to resolve e-billing issues
· Address queries received on the billing process, invoices and templates
· Address billing issues as encountered Review tax forms received to ensure complete and that tax is appropriately applied based on the instructions
· Process WIP and AR write-offs
· Set up special rates on clients/matters in the financial application (3e)
· Post secondary Finance related or Legal Secretarial diploma
· Excellent communication skills and positive and professional demeanour
· Strong attention to detail
· Experience with AR an asset
· Intermediate level MS Excel skills required
· Strong work ethic, commitment
· Ability to juggle multiple requests
· Prior billing experience and experience with e-billing (Serengeti, TymeMetrix, etc.)
· Experience in a law firm or professional services environment preferred
Trust Accountant ( Toronto downtown)
$50-55,000 plus benefits etc.
We are currently seeking a Trust Accounting Clerk to join our Financial Services team. Reporting to the Manager of Accounting, your objective will be to coordinate all trust fund activities for the firm. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for the following:
ATTRIBUTES & EXPERIENCE
· Coordinate trust fund activities including deposits and investments (pursuant to client instruction) and all associated tracking and record-keeping.
· Prepare trust cheques and manage incoming/outgoing wire transfers.
· Reconcile bank statements with cashed cheques, deposits and outgoing cables.
· Analyze and update G/L accounts, journal entries and budget templates.
· Analyze and address stale-dated cheques.
· Process and pay weekly courier and payroll invoices.
· Coordinate the payment of LPIC (Lawyers' Professional Indemnity Insurance).
· File the annual Revenue Canada Customs & Taxation T5, NR4 and T4aNR supplementary returns.
· Conduct trust audits.
· Assist with cash management, including daily bank reporting and initiating account transfers.
· Update all bank records with new signing authorities as necessary.
· Liaise and maintain relationship with banking representatives.
· Post -secondary degree in accounting, finance or commerce.
· Minimum 2-3 years of previous experience, preferably within a professional services firm.
· Attained a professional accounting designation or in pursuit of designation.
· Strong working knowledge in completing trust audits.
· Exceptional ability to plan, organize, schedule and deliver within tight deadlines in a high pressure environment.
· Excellent attention to detail and committed to delivering a high level of client satisfaction.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT to I&R Manager and Discipline team
This prestigious regulatory body offers a rare opportunity in a balanced work environment no overtime required. Toronto Downtown
General Areas of Responsibility
Provide administrative and case management support to the I&R Manager and members of the Discipline team within I&R. Coordinate the scheduling and preparation of pre-hearing conferences and hearings, meetings with external parties as well as provide administrative support to the Discipline and Fitness to Practise Committees. Liaise with Committee Chairs, Committee members, and legal counsel to coordinate meeting/hearing details and to provide assistance to the Chair with selection of panels for Discipline and Fitness to Practise hearings. Monitor member compliance with Undertakings , SCERPS and Orders of the Discipline Committee and decisions of the Inquiries Complaints and Reports Committee (“ICRC”). Notify the Manager, when potential breaches occur or are anticipated and initiate appropriate follow-up. Maintain Discipline and Fitness to Practise Committee files as well as any other I&R correspondence from the Manager related to departmental activities. Assist with the maintenance of the College's Register in respect to I&R matte.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM RESPONSIBILITIES
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent ability to prioritize workload based on organizational risk and public protection
- Tact and diplomacy; ability to deal effectively with difficult people over the telephone and in person.
- Judgement and discretion; ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive file material and information to others on behalf of the Manager and Discipline team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to effectively work in a team setting.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Proven ability to draft clear correspondence.
- A focus on customer service with all stakeholders.
- Interest or experience in investigation and resolutions.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and a relational data base. Knowledge of Pivotal is an asset.
- Ability to solve problems independently and a willingness to tackle new challenges and upgrade skills when required.
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
PAYROLL & BENEFITS COORDINATOR , Toronto (Union Station)
This highly respected international business law firm with offices in Toronto , New York ,Calgary and Montreal . We are recognized internationally as a frequently recommended law firm in a large number of practice areas. Our lawyers work together to offer seamless cross-border services to clients on both sides of the U.S.-Canada border and globally.
We are currently seeking a Payroll & Benefits Coordinator to join our Payroll & Benefits team.Reporting to the Manager, Payroll & Benefits, you will have responsibility for the following:
· Work in a team environment to ensure the timely and accurate completion of multiple payrolls incorporating any related salary, deduction or status changes.
· Facilitate new benefit enrolments and assist with the selection of benefit options for the various plans offered as well as process benefits information in the HRMS and benefit provider internet-based systems.
· Work closely with other members of the Human Resources team on payroll and benefit matters.
· Create monthly and ad-hoc reports using Ultimate Software (Ultipro) and Excel.
· Respond to government requests and complete required reports and forms such as ROEs, Report on New Hires, Statistics Canada, etc.
· Calculate and prepare remittances for source deductions.
· Coordinate and administer payroll and benefit aspects of maternity, parental and other leaves.
· Participate in the year end processing and tax slip production.
· Coordinate RRSP, Pension and TFSA registrations, changes and provide related information to employees.
· Respond to inquiries relating to payroll and benefits.
· Coordinate and administer other HR programs, such as the wellness program.
· Minimum 2 years of payroll and benefits administration experience including disability management.
· Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) Level 1 designation or other formal payroll training.
· Experience with Canadian (including Quebec ) and U.S. payroll full cycle
· processing and reporting.
· Experience with Ultimate Software (Ultipro) or other Human
· Resources/Payroll systems.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
BILING CLERK - Toronto Downtown, Permanent Full-Time $45-50,000
This one of Canada’s leading business law firms. We deliver the legal expertise and guidance that our clients need to advance their business and take the lead. This firm prides itself on its dynamic, positive and team-oriented culture. We offer an environment that nurtures mentoring, inspires enthusiasm and motivates employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving firm goals.
Work closely with Legal Professionals to manage the billing process from beginning to end
Create, edit and finalize accounts following based on lawyer instruction and on client specifications
Process electronic invoices and work with external billing providers and external clients to resolve e-billing issues
Address queries received on the billing process, invoices and templates
Address billing issues as encountered Review tax forms received to ensure complete and that tax is appropriately applied based on the instructions
Generate AR reports and alert lawyers to potential AR
Process WIP and AR write-offs
Set up special rates on clients/matters in the financial application (3e)
Post secondary Finance related or Legal Secretarial diploma
Excellent communication skills and positive and professional demeanour
Strong attention to detail
Experience with AR an asset
Intermediate level MS Excel skills required
Strong work ethic, commitment
Ability to juggle multiple requests
Prior billing experience and experience with e-billing
Experience in a law firm or professional services environment preferred