Insurance Administrator, $47 - 55K
Permanent Full-time, Downtown Toronto
Reporting to the Insurance Services Manager, this position will coordinate all insurance related administration including basic accounting functions. This role will also assist in supporting marketing activities of the Insurance Program.
Handle inquiries (written/verbal) regarding
life and health benefit plans, including changes/additions/deletions and quotations for health & dental insurance
home & auto insurance, Professional Insurance Program
Process incoming insurance applications (new business and change) after agent sign off and handle additional requirement requests from insurance carriers
Process approved life and health certificates - system entries /letters /invoicing/mailing/follow-up of validation documents and initial new business premium
Coordinate preparation of insurance plan booklets for life & health policyholders
Create insurance records on system for Professional Insurance Program
Forward professional insurance material to member and/or broker for quotations
Assist with and/or forward health & dental claims questions to third party administrator
Process life/critical illness/disability/dismemberment claims, including submission of claim forms to insurance companies
Reconcile daily/monthly/quarterly accounting reports
Coordinate premium collection and disbursement, including preparation of disbursement documents, for various insurance plans to appropriate parties
Take minutes at the quarterly Insurance committee meetings
Understand and have knowledge of all insurance plans
Coordinate articles developed internally and/or externally by insurance consultants
Coordinate printing/publication of administrative information material ntaining adequate stock of brochures and applications
Provide back up for customer service team
Complete special projects as requested
Represent the Association in public forums, e.g. Conferences
Other duties as requested
University or Community College graduate in marketing, life and health insurance administration
Must be licensed to sell life insurance
5 years of experience in a health and life insurance environment
Administrative experience in insurance field or third party administration
Experienced with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate/advanced level knowledge in Excel
Skills / Knowledge
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Above average customer service skills
Demonstrated problem solving skills and detail oriented
Strong organizational and administrative skills
Proficient in basic accounting functions
Career paths within insurance department may include opportunity towards grooming for Insurance Services Manager
Position Title: Examination Assistant, Salary $33,000
This position is with one of the most prestigious Canadian examining boards in Toronto .
University graduate required.
Brief Description : To provide assistance to Document Evaluator and Examination Services Coordinator
Assisting the Document Evaluator to ensure that each applicant submits the necessary documents according to the Board's regulations so that her/his qualifications can be evaluated and processed in a timely and accurate manner; and assisting the Examination Services Coordinator with other examination and certification processes, as required. This is accomplished by:
? Preparing the submitted documents for evaluation
? Processing Evaluating Examination applications
? Strong organizational and problem solving skills
? Personal integrity (honesty and respecting confidentiality)
? While being detailed and accurate, must complete responsibilities in a professional, conscientious and timely manner with an overall goal of achieving quality and efficiency
? Demonstrated ability to respond to changes in work methods, plans and procedures; flexible and adaptive
? While showing initiative and facility to work with minimum supervision, must be a “team player” as part of a small staff
? Demonstrated ability to function well under work pressures
? Possess exceptional communication skills: verbal, written and listening
? Demonstrate effective, courteous yet assertive interpersonal skills for communicating with the public, including individuals of many nationalities
Computer experience : competence in word processing, data base software such as;
MS Word - Intermediate level
Excel - Intermediate level
Expertise and Experience Requirements:
At least 3-5 years of administrative assistant experience
College or university graduate
Office Services Clerk (one year contract) Toronto
GENERAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Reporting to the FOSS, provides support for office operations including meeting room set up and support, working knowledge and maintenance of all AV equipment, catering, supplies, copy/fax services, courier/mail, material production and distribution, printing/stationary, reprographics/scanning, security and other office related support. Also provide back up to reception and facilities services as required.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Information Management – 40%
Receive, sort, review, and prioritize documents for scanning as requested by internal stakeholders.
Reprographics – 20%
Configure and maintain proper working order of the College multi-function machines. Provide training to users as requested. Arrange for repairs and routine service if equipment needs repairs and place service calls if necessary. Replenish supplies for all equipment, i.e. toner, paper, etc.
Facilities and Office Services – 25%
Meeting support including furniture and equipment set up and clean up; organizing appropriate catering, assisting staff with the College's internal web-and-audio conferencing; and ensuring all necessary supplies are in place in each of the meeting areas.
Mail distribution – 15%
Distribute incoming mail and interoffice mail, and collect and process all outgoing regular mail daily and delivery to postal box.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM RESPONSIBILITIES
Ability to work collaboratively as a team member with a strong orientation towards customer service; overall willingness to contribute wherever required
Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work independently towards specific objectives, with minimal supervision.
Ability to plan and organize work; detail-oriented and committed to continuous quality improvement.
Ability to perform physical tasks i.e. bending, reaching, pushing, lifting up to 40 lbs etc.
Strong written and verbal communications skills
Basic familiarity and comfort with a computerized office environment, equipment and Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook
Experience using modern office multifunction equipment/Sharp MX line photocopier is an asset
Experience using Presentation/AV equipment is an asset
Experience using web-conferencing and/or telephone conferencing systems is an asset
Reception and/or switchboard experience is an asset
Legal Assistant Corporate. Toronto
This major law firm is currently seeking an experienced Legal Assistant to work in our Toronto Office. This position will appeal to candidates who thrive in a high performance culture, supporting the fast-paced, established practice of a busy partner and an associate in the Business Law Group. The primary responsibilities of the position are outlined below:
- Revising, formatting and editing lengthy, complex corporate agreements, prospectuses and documents.
- Acting as a liaison between partners and various internal and external clients at all levels.
- Managing and coordinating lawyers' schedules including coordinating client meetings, conference calls and travel arrangements.
- Preparing materials for client presentations and pitches.
- Managing spreadsheets for client budgets.
- Drafting and revising correspondence.
- Maintaining a file management system in both paper and electronic media.
- Managing billing and accounting arrangements, including preparing client accounts and invoices.
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and InterAction.
- Minimum of 3 years of legal experience, preferably in a large to medium sized law firm, working in a team environment.
- College Diploma from a Legal Assistant program.
- A high level of professionalism with excellent client service.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work autonomously, take initiative and possess sound judgment in decision making.
- Able to work in an environment where discretion and confidentiality are essential.
- Detail oriented, demonstrating outstanding execution and follow-up skills.
- Solution focused and adaptable in order to achieve required results and complete tasks promptly.
- Possess a confident, proactive approach to work and thrive on working within a challenging legal environment while remaining calm under pressure.
Trade-Mark Assistant, Toronto
This prestigious law firm is currently seeking a Trade-Mark Assistant to work in the Intellectual Property Agency Group in the Toronto Office. The position reports to the Assistant Manager, Legal Support, and would appeal to a candidate who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment as part of a dynamic team. The primary responsibilities of the position are outlined below:
- Responsible for all aspects in the administration of new client files and general file maintenance
- Billing responsibility on trade-mark matters, including cost estimates and fee breakdowns
- Manages the flow of incoming and outgoing Trade-Mark correspondence
- Manages due date lists
- Administrative support in preparing and filing new Trade-Mark applications
- Initial drafting of response to office actions and filing with CIPO, upon Agent's review
- Other duties upon request
Skills and Experience Required
- College Diploma from a Legal Assistant program
- Strong administrative experience
- Minimum of 3 years Trade-Mark experience
- Strong technical skills with working knowledge of MS Office 2010
- Strong attention to detail with solid proof-reading skills
- Flexibility, patience and the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines and manage a high volume desk
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative when appropriate
- Positive outlook and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset
Legal Assistant- Employment Law, Toronto
This prestigious law firm is currently seeking a Legal Assistant to work in the Toronto office in the Employment and Labour Group. The primary responsibilities of the position are outlined below:
- Preparing, compiling, serving and filing Ontario Labour Relations Board and Ontario Human Rights Tribunal documents in accordance with the OLRB and the HRTO Rules of Procedure and practice directions.
- Preparing, compiling, serving and filing court documents in accordance with the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure, Federal Courts Rules and practice directions.
- Maintaining lawyer's calendar and bring forward system.
- Dicta transcription.
- Preparation of expense reports, docket entries, accounts and other administrative duties.
- Scheduling meetings and conference calls.
- Attending to making travel arrangements.
- Dealing with client inquiries by telephone.
Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure while managing multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of the following legislations: Federal and Provincial Employment Standards, Labour Relations, Human Rights, Workers' Compensation and Civil Procedure.
- Experience with styles and document formatting.
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to take initiative when appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients.
- Positive approach and the ability to work well in a team environment.
Reporting to Director, National Underwriting Policy and Department Head
(Full Time) Toronto, Downtown
This leading insurance company is looking for a dynamic and resourceful sales manager used to leading a team with a background in the insurance or banking industry.
• Sales visits, including monitoring of staff performance and management of relationships with key accounts;
• Developing and implementing strategic sales plans and concepts;
• Managing a team of four sales staff;
• Sales goal setting, results review and reporting;
• Providing support for marketing and product development, including working with the Claims Prevention & Stakeholder Relations Department;
• Deploying sales staff to sales targets and marketing events.
The ideal candidate should:
• Have a university degree in marketing, sales, business studies or a related area;
• Have sales management experience, including sales campaigns and managing salespeople;
• Have knowledge of the banking and or the insurance industry;
• Have knowledge of business and financial principles and excellent computer skills;
• Have excellent leadership, team-building and presentation skills;
• Be self-directed, well organized and able to juggle competing priorities and deadlines;
• Be willing to travel approximately twice a month, and attend evening or weekend events as required.
Legal Research Assistant
Toronto Union Statio,n Full-Time Permanent, Salary: $60-70,000
This prestigious international law firm based in downtown Toronto has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Research Assistant, Law Clerk or Paralegal providing significant support to lawyers. You will do research and groundwork in setting up trial cases and legal meetings, including pulling documents, talking with clients, submitting paperwork and analyzing legal research.
You will read through legal paperwork to verify that the information is correct and to determine if additional steps are required. For example, you will use your research experience,, summarize it and make copies of the information for lawyers to use at a later date. Besides helping lawyers, you may be required to maintain records, write-up contracts and guide individuals through different processes. Through your work experience, you have excellent attention to detail, are confident and have good people skills, You are calm under pressure and have excellent experience as a Law Clerk or Paralegal supporting Lawyers at a senior professional level with highly honed skills in research