PAYROLL & BENEFITS COORDINATOR , Toronto (Union Station)
This highly respected international business law firm with offices in Toronto , New York ,Calgary and Montreal . We are recognized internationally as a frequently recommended law firm in a large number of practice areas. Our lawyers work together to offer seamless cross-border services to clients on both sides of the U.S.-Canada border and globally.
We are currently seeking a Payroll & Benefits Coordinator to join our Payroll & Benefits team.Reporting to the Manager, Payroll & Benefits, you will have responsibility for the following:
· Work in a team environment to ensure the timely and accurate completion of multiple payrolls incorporating any related salary, deduction or status changes.
· Facilitate new benefit enrolments and assist with the selection of benefit options for the various plans offered as well as process benefits information in the HRMS and benefit provider internet-based systems.
· Work closely with other members of the Human Resources team on payroll and benefit matters.
· Create monthly and ad-hoc reports using Ultimate Software (Ultipro) and Excel.
· Respond to government requests and complete required reports and forms such as ROEs, Report on New Hires, Statistics Canada, etc.
· Calculate and prepare remittances for source deductions.
· Coordinate and administer payroll and benefit aspects of maternity, parental and other leaves.
· Participate in the year end processing and tax slip production.
· Coordinate RRSP, Pension and TFSA registrations, changes and provide related information to employees.
· Respond to inquiries relating to payroll and benefits.
· Coordinate and administer other HR programs, such as the wellness program.
· Minimum 2 years of payroll and benefits administration experience including disability management.
· Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) Level 1 designation or other formal payroll training.
· Experience with Canadian (including Quebec ) and U.S. payroll full cycle
· processing and reporting.
· Experience with Ultimate Software (Ultipro) or other Human
· Resources/Payroll systems.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
BILING CLERK - Toronto Downtown, Permanent Full-Time $45-50,000
This one of Canada’s leading business law firms. We deliver the legal expertise and guidance that our clients need to advance their business and take the lead. This firm prides itself on its dynamic, positive and team-oriented culture. We offer an environment that nurtures mentoring, inspires enthusiasm and motivates employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving firm goals.
Work closely with Legal Professionals to manage the billing process from beginning to end
Create, edit and finalize accounts following based on lawyer instruction and on client specifications
Process electronic invoices and work with external billing providers and external clients to resolve e-billing issues
Address queries received on the billing process, invoices and templates
Address billing issues as encountered Review tax forms received to ensure complete and that tax is appropriately applied based on the instructions
Generate AR reports and alert lawyers to potential AR
Process WIP and AR write-offs
Set up special rates on clients/matters in the financial application (3e)
Post secondary Finance related or Legal Secretarial diploma
Excellent communication skills and positive and professional demeanour
Strong attention to detail
Experience with AR an asset
Intermediate level MS Excel skills required
Strong work ethic, commitment
Ability to juggle multiple requests
Prior billing experience and experience with e-billing
Experience in a law firm or professional services environment preferred
Corporate Services Administrator, Toronto
The college is seeking an energetic and conscientious individual. Reporting to the Corporate Services Team Leader, the Corporate Services Administrator is responsible and accountable for administrative coordination of offices including the development and implementation of administrative systems to support the capacity and work flow of the college. This includes providing varied administrative support to staff; for interfacing to resolve technical issues; and for ensuring availability of office supplies and the functionality of all office equipment. The position also involves the important role of customer relations and provides the first line response to inquiries and concerns.
As an ideal candidate you have:
· College diploma or University degree in Administrative Studies, or related field.
· 2 – 4 years relevant experience
· Excellent speed and accuracy in word processing, spreadsheet construction database management, and with advanced computer skills. Candidates familiar with Access and Share Point applications, strong internet search skills and willingness to learn new applications are preferred
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to be a team player and to work in a team setting
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills
· Basic accounting skills
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction/supervision.
· Initiative, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple demands.
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Policy Professional Affairs Manager ( Toronto )
Major Responsibilities include:
· Monitor and advise on issues and developments within the broader health policy arena, which may impact on the provision of health care, e.g. health care issues, environmental occupational health and safety, employment, human rights field, etc.
· Lead policy development on professional, legislative, regulatory and related initiatives.
· Manage association's voluntary mediation, ensuring the program guidelines are consistent with applicable legislation.
· Maintain positive working relationships with appropriate associations, organizations, agencies and individuals within the health care and education sectors.
· Oversee health policy, legislative, regulatory, professional matters, and practice issues.
· Train, supervise and evaluate the performance of the Policy Administrative Assistant.
Required skills and experience:
· University degree in related discipline.
· Minimum of 3 years experience in health care administration.
· Understanding of association processes and objectives.
· Public speaking.
· Supervisory experience.
· Ability to work under tight deadlines.
· Ability to work with and motivate member volunteers.
· Excellent analytical and research skills.
· Written and oral communication skills and the capacity to prepare position papers, reports and submissions