Program Coordinator (Bilingual): Reporting to Manager, Customer Service & Underwriting (Permanent Full-time)
$ 40,000 plus full benefits and 4 weeks vacation
( Job Location: Dundas subway close to the Eaton Center )
This large Liability insurance firm offers an exciting opportunity
This firm is a Toronto-based, professional liability insurer with a mandate to provide quality insurance services to our clients. As part of achieving our mandate, we are currently recruiting for a Program Coordinator (Bilingual) French speaking must be fluent.
The role of the Program Coordinator (Bilingual) is to provide written and verbal information on the insurance program to the members of the legal profession, and to be the main point of contact for inquiries in French. The information the Program Coordinator provides includes: information concerning insurance coverages for the lawyers, account information on premiums, and information on additional programs such as risk management. The successful candidate will be a high calibre individual who will receive intensive training about the program and the Company before answering any calls from the public.
The ideal candidate should:
? Be bilingual, fluent in French;
? Have a college or university degree;
? Have customer service experience;
? Have strong written and verbal communication skills;
? Have experience in Microsoft Word and Excel;
? Have experience working in a team environment and in stressful situations;
? Have strong organizational skills and be used to working in volume situations;
? Have a proactive approach to work; and
? Have law, underwriting, or claims related experience, preferred.
We also welcome paralegals to apply.
Human Resources Office Coordinator $48,000-52,000 Downtown Ottawa
HOLLAND GROUP INC – Ottawa, ON
CANADAS LEADING LEGAL SEARCH GROUP
One of Canada's leading business law firms. They deliver the legal expertise and guidance that our clients need to advance their business and take the lead. They pride themselves on their dynamic, positive and team-oriented culture. They offer an environment that nurtures mentoring, inspires enthusiasm and motivates employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving firm goals.
Summary of Position: This position is responsible supervising a team for coordinating the day to day administrative operations of the Ottawa office, with a primary focus on human resources and office services functions. Reporting to the National Director, Human Resources, this is an excellent opportunity for a motivated self-starter who is looking build their career in a reputable professional services law firm.
Assist with the administration of various HR functions in the Ottawa office including recruitment, compensation, performance management, information/file management and employee relations
Provide mentoring and guidance to support staff as required
Co-ordinate various employee programs in collaboration with national HR team
Plan and execute social events and charitable activities in the Ottawa office
Oversee legal support/secretarial resources for Ottawa office including share group teams and effective resource management, ensuring the appropriate level of support is provided to lawyers and clients.
Approval of staff vacation, lieu time and overtime
Maintain staff headcount/FTE statistics and conduct payroll audits for Ottawa support staff payroll
Assist national HR team with a variety of HR initiatives and projects and provide overflow support when required
Coordinate the health and safety function within the office, including office security and evacuation procedures and chairing health and safety committee meetings in the Ottawa office
Act as an Ottawa office representative on the National Business Continuity team
Oversee the office services function including reception, boardroom services, business support services and day-to-day facilities matters
Review and approve weekly and monthly invoices
Coordinate the maintenance and repair of office facilities and plan and execute office moves and workstation/office assignments for the Ottawa office
Develop and maintain vendor relationships Liaise with Building Property Management as required
Certificate or degree in human resource management strongly preferred Experience working in a professional office environment in an administrative role Experience supervising teams required
Strong organizational, communication and administrative skills
Ability to develop and motivate people in order to foster a positive work environment
Effective problem solving/conflict resolution skills
Attention to detail, ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
E-Billing CoOrdinator - Toronto downtown
$58-60,000 plus bonus and benefits
Permanent Full Time
Prestigious National Corporation
Must have at lease 2 years E-billing experience and have used Serengetti and Tymetrix
Summary of Position: We are currently recruiting for an experienced Billing Clerk who has experience in e-billing (Serengeti, TymeMetrix, etc.) You must show e-billing experience to join our very busy billing team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
· Work closely with Legal Professionals to manage the billing process from beginning to end
· Create, edit and finalize accounts following based on lawyer instruction and on client specifications
· Act as a subject matter expert in e-billing software
· Provide training/mentoring to other team members regarding e-billing software
· Process electronic invoices and work with external billing providers and external clients to resolve e-billing issues
· Address queries received on the billing process, invoices and templates
· Address billing issues as encountered Review tax forms received to ensure complete and that tax is appropriately applied based on the instructions
· Process WIP and AR write-offs
· Set up special rates on clients/matters in the financial application (3e)
· Post secondary Finance related or Legal Secretarial diploma
· Excellent communication skills and positive and professional demeanour
· Strong attention to detail
· Experience with AR an asset
· Intermediate level MS Excel skills required
· Strong work ethic, commitment
· Ability to juggle multiple requests
· Prior billing experience and experience with e-billing (Serengeti, TymeMetrix, etc.)
· Experience in a law firm or professional services environment preferred
Trust Accountant ( Toronto downtown)
$50-55,000 plus benefits etc.
We are currently seeking a Trust Accounting Clerk to join our Financial Services team. Reporting to the Manager of Accounting, your objective will be to coordinate all trust fund activities for the firm. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for the following:
ATTRIBUTES & EXPERIENCE
· Coordinate trust fund activities including deposits and investments (pursuant to client instruction) and all associated tracking and record-keeping.
· Prepare trust cheques and manage incoming/outgoing wire transfers.
· Reconcile bank statements with cashed cheques, deposits and outgoing cables.
· Analyze and update G/L accounts, journal entries and budget templates.
· Analyze and address stale-dated cheques.
· Process and pay weekly courier and payroll invoices.
· Coordinate the payment of LPIC (Lawyers' Professional Indemnity Insurance).
· File the annual Revenue Canada Customs & Taxation T5, NR4 and T4aNR supplementary returns.
· Conduct trust audits.
· Assist with cash management, including daily bank reporting and initiating account transfers.
· Update all bank records with new signing authorities as necessary.
· Liaise and maintain relationship with banking representatives.
· Post -secondary degree in accounting, finance or commerce.
· Minimum 2-3 years of previous experience, preferably within a professional services firm.
· Attained a professional accounting designation or in pursuit of designation.
· Strong working knowledge in completing trust audits.
· Exceptional ability to plan, organize, schedule and deliver within tight deadlines in a high pressure environment.
· Excellent attention to detail and committed to delivering a high level of client satisfaction.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT to I&R Manager and Discipline team
This prestigious regulatory body offers a rare opportunity in a balanced work environment no overtime required. Toronto Downtown
General Areas of Responsibility
Provide administrative and case management support to the I&R Manager and members of the Discipline team within I&R. Coordinate the scheduling and preparation of pre-hearing conferences and hearings, meetings with external parties as well as provide administrative support to the Discipline and Fitness to Practise Committees. Liaise with Committee Chairs, Committee members, and legal counsel to coordinate meeting/hearing details and to provide assistance to the Chair with selection of panels for Discipline and Fitness to Practise hearings. Monitor member compliance with Undertakings , SCERPS and Orders of the Discipline Committee and decisions of the Inquiries Complaints and Reports Committee (“ICRC”). Notify the Manager, when potential breaches occur or are anticipated and initiate appropriate follow-up. Maintain Discipline and Fitness to Practise Committee files as well as any other I&R correspondence from the Manager related to departmental activities. Assist with the maintenance of the College's Register in respect to I&R matte.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM RESPONSIBILITIES
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent ability to prioritize workload based on organizational risk and public protection
- Tact and diplomacy; ability to deal effectively with difficult people over the telephone and in person.
- Judgement and discretion; ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive file material and information to others on behalf of the Manager and Discipline team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to effectively work in a team setting.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Proven ability to draft clear correspondence.
- A focus on customer service with all stakeholders.
- Interest or experience in investigation and resolutions.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and a relational data base. Knowledge of Pivotal is an asset.
- Ability to solve problems independently and a willingness to tackle new challenges and upgrade skills when required.
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
PAYROLL & BENEFITS COORDINATOR , Toronto (Union Station)
This highly respected international business law firm with offices in Toronto , New York ,Calgary and Montreal . We are recognized internationally as a frequently recommended law firm in a large number of practice areas. Our lawyers work together to offer seamless cross-border services to clients on both sides of the U.S.-Canada border and globally.
We are currently seeking a Payroll & Benefits Coordinator to join our Payroll & Benefits team.Reporting to the Manager, Payroll & Benefits, you will have responsibility for the following:
· Work in a team environment to ensure the timely and accurate completion of multiple payrolls incorporating any related salary, deduction or status changes.
· Facilitate new benefit enrolments and assist with the selection of benefit options for the various plans offered as well as process benefits information in the HRMS and benefit provider internet-based systems.
· Work closely with other members of the Human Resources team on payroll and benefit matters.
· Create monthly and ad-hoc reports using Ultimate Software (Ultipro) and Excel.
· Respond to government requests and complete required reports and forms such as ROEs, Report on New Hires, Statistics Canada, etc.
· Calculate and prepare remittances for source deductions.
· Coordinate and administer payroll and benefit aspects of maternity, parental and other leaves.
· Participate in the year end processing and tax slip production.
· Coordinate RRSP, Pension and TFSA registrations, changes and provide related information to employees.
· Respond to inquiries relating to payroll and benefits.
· Coordinate and administer other HR programs, such as the wellness program.
· Minimum 2 years of payroll and benefits administration experience including disability management.
· Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) Level 1 designation or other formal payroll training.
· Experience with Canadian (including Quebec ) and U.S. payroll full cycle
· processing and reporting.
· Experience with Ultimate Software (Ultipro) or other Human
· Resources/Payroll systems.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
BILING CLERK - Toronto Downtown, Permanent Full-Time $45-50,000
This one of Canada’s leading business law firms. We deliver the legal expertise and guidance that our clients need to advance their business and take the lead. This firm prides itself on its dynamic, positive and team-oriented culture. We offer an environment that nurtures mentoring, inspires enthusiasm and motivates employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving firm goals.
Work closely with Legal Professionals to manage the billing process from beginning to end
Create, edit and finalize accounts following based on lawyer instruction and on client specifications
Process electronic invoices and work with external billing providers and external clients to resolve e-billing issues
Address queries received on the billing process, invoices and templates
Address billing issues as encountered Review tax forms received to ensure complete and that tax is appropriately applied based on the instructions
Generate AR reports and alert lawyers to potential AR
Process WIP and AR write-offs
Set up special rates on clients/matters in the financial application (3e)
Post secondary Finance related or Legal Secretarial diploma
Excellent communication skills and positive and professional demeanour
Strong attention to detail
Experience with AR an asset
Intermediate level MS Excel skills required
Strong work ethic, commitment
Ability to juggle multiple requests
Prior billing experience and experience with e-billing
Experience in a law firm or professional services environment preferred